Thursday, April 28, 2011

Monarch Butterfly Nail Design

This was inspired by Here Comes the Sun's butterfly post.  She followed the tutorial done by Deez Nailz, so I referred to that to do this design.  This was my first attempt and I was pretty pleased, but too tired to do all of my nails, or even an accent nail on my left hand.  I have no confidence in drawing this design with my left hand (I'm right handed).  Maybe once I get some thin brushes.  I drew mine with a regular polish brush and I thought I had relatively clean lines, but the camera is so unforgiving.


I used CG First Mate as the base color than sponged on CG Techno Teal and CG Starboard in adjacent diagonals across the nail.  For the black I used Sinful Colors Black on Black, then finished the design with white dots using Milani Nail Art polish in white.  For the top coat, I used one coat of Seche Vite.



What are those white specks? -_- 


If you were to use one color for this design, I'd definitely recommend using either a holographic or glittery polish since they really stand out.  What do you think?  I'd definitely do it again once I get a thin brush. :)


P.S.  Sorry about the quality of these pictures.  I don't know what those white specks are...dust maybe?  Hopefully no more of those in the future. 


Liz

8 comments:

  1. oh this turned out really nice, you should do all of them next time you have more time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look amazing~~~im always afraid of wear solid colours cuz i suck at applyin them properly~~~but they look so good on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful! great art job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! First Mate is such an awesome color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its beautiful - I tried with a small thin brush and black acrylic paint from the dollar store but had better luck with a black striping polish. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I want to try something brighter and with more glitter next time I try this, I like how your's turned out. Also, thanks for linking me ;) It's always nice to see extra traffic on my blog!!!

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love this!!! also I'm your new follower, I have a nail art blog at imobsessedwithnails.blogspot.com

    keep up the good work girl! This is crazy good@

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)