Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sally Hansen Oxblood

Today I have for you another polish from the Alexander Wang Spring 2012 line.  This one's a gorgeous vampy red creme.

Oxblood, 2 coats.  Is it red?  Or is it brown?  This is one of those deliciously dark, vampy reds that look brown in certain lightings.  Maybe it doesn't fit in a spring collection, but I like it anyway.  It's very glossy and kind of squishy looking.  My only gripe about this polish is the brush.  I think I got a bad brush. :(  It wasn't cut very evenly.  Combine that with a flat, large brush and it spelled disaster with such a dark, pigmented color like Oxblood.  I think I'm going to trim my brush a bit to even it out.  I'm pretty sure all the brushes aren't like this, since I've never had problems with my other Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure brushes.  If anything, you can always check the brush at the store before you buy it.


Currently, I'm still craving soft colors, but Oxblood is definitely a polish I'll revisit in the fall.


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)