Tuesday, February 11, 2014

[Nail-Art-A-Go-Go] Day 10: Night Sky


For day 10's night sky mani, I decided to draw the aurora borealis on my nails. Not sure if I really nailed it, but hey, I tried. I didn't have a glowy green close to the ones in actual northern lights, so I went with a neon yellow instead. Next time I'll do it right!

By the way, I read up on northern lights and they're so interesting! If you want to know how they work, check out this article. But the cool thing is, different colors show at different altitudes in the earth's atmosphere. I tried to mimic this layering in my art with green (yellow) at the bottom and purple at the top. Although the blue and purple lines are hard to make out against the black background.


Polishes Used
Icing Witch's Brew
Big Universo Flocado Raio Gama
Urban Outfitters Jerk
Orly Oh Cabana Boy
Milani Blue Zoom
Vant to Bite My Neck?
Nicole by OPI Make A Comet-ment






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)