Thursday, September 18, 2014

[Review+Swatch] NYC Rule The City



Hi everyone! Today I have an NYC polish to show you from their new Fashion Queen collection for fall 2014. I'm surprised that this is actually my first color polish from them. I think I have a top coat, but no colors. I'm glad I got to try them out this time, because this color is gorgeous!


Rule The City, 2 coats: dark grey base with shimmer like silver micro glitter and fine red glitter. The overall look of this combination is that of a gunmetal polish flecked with red sparkles. Particularly in the sun, the red is more subdued and glistens like rubies. It only look two coats to become opaque, and the formula was excellent.


In the shade, the red glitter becomes more noticeable. I took the above pic in my lightbox, which makes metallics and glitters look lighter. The sun pictures above are more accurate in showing the dark base.

One thing I want to mention. I noticed that the mouth of the NYC bottle has a flat edge that slants slightly inwards. I was going to take a pic, but forgot. I thought this was a nice touch, since it prevents polish from coating the outer rim and gluing the cap shut. More brands should do this!

Verdict: Overall, Rule The City is a wonderful color to wear for fall and Halloween! I don't own the others, but the Fashion Collection has five other polishes in beautiful jewel tones. At $1.99 each, they're definitely worth checking out. :)

Availability: NYC polishes are available at chain drugstores and mass merchandisers nationwide.


Do you own any of the polishes from this collection? Let me know in the comments below!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)